01 July 2019

Furtling in June

June saw me getting a quilt finished, and a few other bits done, some fabric shopping(!), flowers in the garden and a potato and strawberry harvest too as well as going away for a couple of days and having building work in the room that was formerly the garage.

First the finished quilt, which I posted about here .  This was on my Finish A Long list so I am pleased to get this done though I must put a label on it.

The Handy Huswif, which wasn't a Finish A Long piece, but pleased I have finished.

And I've started a new pair of socks

This sock has grown a bit more than in the photo.  I've decided to use a turquoise yarn for the heel shaping and toes.  I wasn't too sure about the micro striping in the yarn but as its grown a little more I'm getting to like it better.

Also in the making were some dodgy fabric boxes and dish

Having seen a tutorial on You Tube by Madam Sew, I had a go at making fabric twine from 1"-ish strips.  This may be a bowl (like a rope bowl) later.


We've had a little visit to Minehead, which I wrote about in this post which was the first few days of fine weather after the rainy days earlier this month


I've taken quite a few garden photos this month




Its lovely to see the sweet peas in flower and picking off some every few days.  Strawberries have come into season so again picking some every day.  David dug up some early potatoes and they are really big and some garlic too. I just love the (nameless, unfortunately) rose that comes out each year and there are a couple more blooms on this rose.



Oh yes, the fabric.  I seem to have had a splurge just lately.  I bought some last month, at the New Forest Quilters show, just a few fat quarters, 1930's style ones that I know Mandy of Cherry Tree Fabrics sells. That's on top of the green fabric, which is 3.5 metres for a quilt backing that was on offer at Doughty's for a quilt back for the next quilt on my Finish A Long List.  Then last week when looking at Instagram Lynne Goldsworthy of Lily's Quilts had a very big de-stash of which I bought a couple of collections which arrived in yesterday's post.  So I purchased some Karen Lewis Blueberry Park (the blue fabrics) and and Makower Kimono collections (the pile of fabric on the top left).  Not sure what they will become, but all were washed, ironed, stroked and will find places in my stash.


Archie The Wonder Dog
Linking in with Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere at Archie the Wonder Dog.  

Here's to a productive July, there will be Finish A Long listings to do for the next quarter.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely month, thank you for sharing it! I'm really interested to see how your fabric coils work out as I fancy giving a wee basket a go sometime. And did I spot Dunster? Ah, memories of family holidays as a teenager around the Minehead area! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sock yarn!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts