21 July 2019

All About the Scraps

I've started on a new quilt (shock, horror!!).  I saw, not sure where, probably Facebook, about a Scrap Quilt Challenge by Sugar Bowl Crafts and I joined in.  The challenge is in weekly instalments every Thursday with video on the Scrap Challenge Facebook page and Instagram feed.  Last week was sewing the strip sets together in colour order - i.e. blues, yellows, etc. and this week is cutting into the strip sets to make blocks.  I seemed to have jumped in with both feet and so far as at today I've made 18 blocks - 6 on Friday (it was a horrible rainy day, just right for sewing) and today made 12 more.  Here's my progress so far...

 Some strip sets
 The six blocks that I made on Friday
 This morning's little effort
 Joined by 3 more on the bottom row
 A sort out of more 2" strips with 1" strips (for a smaller block) in the fabric rope basket and smaller strips for more fabric rope in the basket below it.
And all 18 blocks sewn so far.

I didn't show you my basket and coaster made from the ball of fabric twine that I made

The basket handles aren't quite opposite each other so look a little odd and I didn't do quite enough stitching in the middle to keep the base solid, so I sewed on a large button which seems to do the job. I got a better start on the coaster though and as you can see from the photo above I have some strips to make more twine.  I really enjoyed making that.  The You Tube tutorial was by Madam Sew, which was another Facebook suggestion!  I blame Facebook for leading me down this rabbit hole!!

It's not all sewing this week as we have been out for the day and tomorrow I will go out for a walk on the beach so I'll have an out and about post soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts