11 July 2019

Finish A Long 2019 - Quarter 3

I'm updating where I am with my Unfinished items are for this quarter.  I'm pleased a couple of quilts are finished and off the list.  I hope that I can add something new so you (and I) aren't seeing the same old stuff.  That said I am confident that there will be another quilt finish and a knitting finish too in this quarter.

I will start with the Kingfisher.  This is a slow quilt so I'm not in any hurry to finish this and it will be hand quilted.  It has been been layered up with wadding and backing and has been tacked (basted) last month so it's not just a quilt top now.  I've put away for the time being but I have in a bag with a kit ready to take and sew.  This is how it looked after I'd tacked this up and I love how good this looks.


Another quilt which I layered and tacked up last week is the Tubix quilt.  I bought some mottled green fabric from Doughty's which went just right with the lighter green in the Tubix blocks.

 The large piece of green fabric is the backing for this quilt below
So another quilt thats not just a quilt top.  Good to see some progress.

I've also got my black/grey and orange/mustard quilt which I've not touched in this year so far.  I have backing but no wadding.

My thinking making this a teenage boy's quilt for either Project Linus or Siblings Together for next year. See how this goes.

For the knitting I am on the home straight with my cardigan.  I finished the second sleeve and last night just finished the button band and about to pick up stitches for the buttonhole band.

This has been a bit of slow knitting, but I have been working on other things in between.  But good to know I'm getting there with this.

As for the new items for the Finish A Long I am revisiting the Farmer's Wife 1930's sampler quilt.  I have 15 blocks so far out of 99.  A lot are foundation paper pieced, which is not my favourite piecing technique, but it'll be good to have another go at these blocks.


I've also got a quantity of 6.5" blocks from the Splendid Sampler of a couple of years back.  I made the majority of them, not all.  There's no pic to share as they are contained in a bag somewhere in my room....  They will not go into a quilt, but may be split up to make other items.

If you look at my pages tabs at the top of my blog you will see photos of my progress with the Splendid Sampler and the Farmer's Wife blocks.

So that's my Finish A Long projects for this quarter.  I will link in this post with the Finish A Long via one of the hosts - Sandra at Studio Sew of Course


finishalong logo 125px


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love these!!! That Kingfisher is a stunner!!! A bit late, but on behalf of the FAL hosts, thanks so much for joining us, and I look forward to seeing what gets checked off the list this quarter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts