02 July 2019

Finish A Long 2019 - 2nd Quarter Finishes

I don't blog for ages and suddenly I've done 3 blogs in less than 5 days! This is blog number 4 and I shall probably go back into hibernation.

Anyway it is time to record my finishes for this quarter. I am pleased to say that I do have a finished quilt, which is the Strippy Hearts Quilt.  This has been unfinished since the end of 2014 but having already had the backing fabric and wadding too there was no excuse.  I wrote about this quilt here  so that's how I know when I started.  It has ended up being 46" square.  The black fabric for the border was what I had in stash and really sets the colours off nicely.  I decided to quilt circles on the coloured area and wavy stitch quilting in the borders in a multi coloured thread.

A few years back I saw some of the turquoise heart fabric in a Doughty's sale which was perfect.  So I'm pleased it's done.

The other finish for this quarter is the Handy Huswif.  It's not on the list but this has been hibernating for almost two years as I started this not long after visiting the Festival of Quilts in 2017.  Full of enthusiasm I started straight after and came to a stop.  Not sure why - all the pieces were cut out and I'd also made the scissor case part of it and that was it! So last week I got it all out and started sewing the zippered and clear plastic pocket and the divided pocket with the red felt needle holder and it all came together well.  I'd even put a magnetic closure in which was so easy.  So that's another finish.



Some time ago I made quilt as you go blocks and gathered some orphan blocks to make up to a 9 block quilt.  Using the quilt as you go sashing these orphan blocks turned into a quilt which was donated to the local Project Linus group.


Front
Back

This would interest an older child as theres plenty of interest on both sides.

There's still plenty of sewing, knitting and to keep me busy but I will list that for the next quarter next week when the proposed finishes are listed.

I'm linking up with Studio Sew of Course with my finishes.

finishalong logo 200px

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts