24 August 2021

A New Old Project

 Amongst all the bits and bobs taking up room in my wardrobe store was a bag with black and pink fabric. The pink fabric was already cut in pieces, ready to be matched with the black fabric which had yet to be cut out.  It’s been hanging about for a few years, but not sure how many, hence why I call this a new old project.  I dug this out on Saturday and started on Sunday and this is the block.


I believe it’s a kaleidoscope block, or it could be stack and whack. I remember that my friend worked on a few of these quilt tops after being inspired by a magazine article and a few of the ladies from Bourne Quilters made quilts of this design. 

From the space left in the pink fabric two large square of four layers at the same point in the fabric where cut out and from that cut lengthways, crossways and diagonally to make the wedges.  I measured out the size of half square triangles that I needed for four of the wedges and the strips I would need for the other four to make this first block.  It’s ended up being 13.5” square.


I cut out more half square triangles and strips to make the other 7 and sewn 4 more blocks yesterday.


So now I’ve got 3 more to piece together.  How I’m going to arrange them, I’m not sure at this point.  I have got a lot of the black fabric left, but a lot of what remains of the pink fabric, so there may have to be a third fabric to make a top, but we’ll see. 

Here’s how hole-y the pink fabric is

So another quilt top in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts