11 August 2021

Spending, like….

 After lockdowns and not spending very much I think I am making up for lost time.  I’ve bought shoes (sale prices, so I’ve got 2 pairs of trainers and a pair of sandals), yarn and a sewing machine.


I cannot manage without a sewing machine and it was my fault that I haven’t got it serviced over the 4/5 years I’ve had it.  In fairness it never seemed the right time and I would have had to take it over to Salisbury.  I have another very basic machine, but it is mechanical and noisy so time to think about changing things.  I’ve become so used to the automatic functions on a machine so something had to change.

To this end I’m getting my Juki machine serviced locally now and I have replace my mechanical machine with a new computerised one for my second machine and here she is.

It’s a Janome 360DC.  It is light and small enough to take to workshops and social sewing events and sews really well.  There are a few decorative stitches as I like using some of those to effect and going forward I will probably swap between to two machines, than leave the second machine put to one side. The only downside is that not many of the decorative stitches on this machine can change in width/length, but that’s ok because that’s what the Juki does well.

Oh and the yarn? I bought some hand dyed from Kathryn of Crafternoon Treats, whose yarn I’ve bought before and not only bought this lovely ruby red, but also some mini skeins called Midsummer Madness.  

Perhaps I am suffering some madness with this spending.  I can’t take it with me, as they say.

But there is something free to me that I've started and that has been some socks, which I started yesterday. Ok, so I pay for a Patreon subscription, but the Knitty U course is part of that and the yarn in free because I'm using from stash, which is some Scheepjes Colour Crafter in Peach.  These are the Cosy Reading Socks by the Bakery Bears.  

As I've just finished the Bobble cardigan I seem to have a thing about bobbles.

There is something else yarny that I've also spent money on, but that's going towards Christmas (gasp!) so a sneak peak in my next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts