02 April 2022

It’s April!

 Here’s my monthly marker for this month

The main thing I’ve been working on this month has been my kaleidoscope quilt of which the middle block is the Dresden Plate block which has set off the other 8 blocks and now I have a completed quilt top.

I’m making decisions about the backing and I have enough wadding left from finishing the black orange quilt in February.  I have enough long strips and width strips of the remaining pink fabric to make the binding so I’m hoping this will be finished this month.

March has been about making small things and there were mini workshops as West Country Embroiderers with origami butterflies, a bird card and little boxes.

I’ve made a small Kantha stitched piece of a daffodil for a card.


Also on the sewing front I made 2 blocks for Siblings Together Bee which was this lovely block 


And also an ATC for the TG swap.  I usually make 2 cards, one to keep, one to swap.


The theme on the card above is daydreams, my idea is looking up at the sky though the trees.  I free machined the branches, added a 'confetti' of green fabric onto Bondaweb and ironed on.  I put some fine net on top and added free machined leaves.  I hope it looks like a daydream and not a nightmare!

My brown cardigan is progressing well.  I’ve reached the bottom of the body, where there is a deep garter stitch border instead of ribbing.  This is the Harvest Cardigan pattern by Tin Can Knits and I’m using King Cole Fashion Aran Combo, which I started at the end of February.


At the end of March we went for a day out at Brooklands Museum, which has featured on a programme on Yesterday channel’s Secrets of the Transport Museum series.  An enjoyable place to go even if not too much of a transport fanatic.  Really liked the London Bus Museum there, reminded me of the buses we used when living around the Slough are many moons ago. 


Anyway that was it for March.  I was going to do a post about my stitch book but will do that a little later this month.

Joining Mini Archie’s Furtle Around the Blogosphere, here  

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, March was a busy month! I love that Harvest Cardigan, the garter stitch bands and hem are going to be a lovely contrast to the stocking stitch body and sleeves. Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such lovely work. Those folded butterflies are super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts