14 August 2022

A Little Book

 At West Country Embroiderers last month there was a workshop making a small book,  A4 size, folded into 8, with 2 of the pages being cut to produce inside pages.  I wasn’t too happy that there were two thick layers of fabric and pelmet Vilene and was difficult to bend.  I took a bit of drastic action and cut pieces out of the second (pink) piece and added as individual cards to the purple piece. Although a bit ‘rustic’ looking I’m pleased with it now.


The purple fabric was made from a purple transfer printed paper ironed onto white fabric.  I free machined the words. Because the page underneath overlapped the cover I used s mall piece of flower printed ribbon was placed underneath.

The inside of the book has a page of free machined flower and hand embroidered.  The fabric and pelmet Vilene was hard to sew through.  A third page has a piece of floral fabric with ribbon yarn around it.  The purple stitching at the bottom of the pages is because I had to sew another piece of fabric onto the pages.


Lift the middle flaps revealing the inside pages.  Here is sewed in the pink pages. I wasn’t sure how to finish the tiny tree, next I’d another floral fabric, then two pages with hand sewn leaves and I stamped fern leaves and flowers.


The back of the book, a couple of floral hexagons, a Japanese folded hexagon, and a fabric flower with zigzag stitched outline and stem.

So I’m pleased how it turned out in the end and would like to make a card version next with some paining and stamping.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 pm

    What a lovely idea x I just noticed that I seem to be the anonymous commenter ! When I tried to change it Google tells me I need to sign in… but then tells me I don’t exist ! lol x ( it’s Diane from The Cheshire Quilter blog )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful little book :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts