31 August 2022

August Furtle or Not….

 I can’t wait to see the back of August.  In spite of enjoying time away in the West Midlands which took in the Festival of Quilts (another post I’ve yet to do), David had a short hospital stay early this month and after our break we’ve both suffered Covid (as I type this today I’m still testing positive, it’s been nearly a week - ugh!). 

This month I have been doing odd bits and bobs like lengthening the straps on a bag, which came in useful for visiting the Festival, finishing off a tinsel owl (not sure who is going to get it) which has been hibernating for ages, and finished off a sew together pouch (just needed the zipper band finished off) which again was hibernating! 



As well as the Festival, I also went to local exhibitions- the Dorset Arts and Crafts in Wareham at the beginning of the month.  I really loved these lace knitted shawls - displayed in copper hoops.
Then there was Quarterjack Quilters exhibition in Wimborne, which was a really well presented one. Below is one of the themed displays, a seaside theme.
I’ve gone into more details about the above in posts this month, so pop back and have a look.

Since coming back from Festival of Quilts I bought a couple of kits, which I’ve now made up, last week was this vintage style floral kit designed by Julia Gahagan.  A really delightful kit which didn’t take long to make.

Today I made up the other kit which was an iPad case which uses 3 different Liberty fabrics, sold by The Bramble Patch.  After cutting out there is a useful amount of the fabrics left. The instructions were simple so took a couple of hours to do. 

As there is a summer break for the ATC group I decided to have a go at another mini book, this time a paper one.  I wrote about the book in this post here




I’ve not done much knitting this month and the crochet blanket has been completed but the border is in progress so not quite done yet. Since the photo was taken there’s been a panel of butterflies, which have been completed.


The crochet along finished at the beginning of August, so I have all the instalments of the pattern.  I hope to finish this in the next week or two.  To be fair the August heatwave was not an ideal time to have a crochet blanket across my lap to work on. 

Now the weather is beginning to cool, it might be time to pick up the knitting again.  But I am pleased that I’ve done a variety of things.  September can only get better.

Linking with Mini Archie’s August Furtle Around the Blogosphere. 

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. I’m sorry you both have covid, I hope you haven’t been too poorly with it and test negative soon. I love all your finishes this month, it’s nice to get lots of ‘almosts’ over the line, isn’t it?! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:31 pm

    SO sorry to hear about the COVID .. it is a vile disease that is best GONE x Stay safe and hope you are soon feeling better x (Diane Cheshire quilter )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts