24 August 2022

Another Little Book

 Following on from my fabric book here, which was made from fabric I decided to make a card one last week.  As I have been making artist trading cards in the past year I have a few background cards, some of which have been stamped. I used plain white A4 card as a base and made the cuts as with the fabric book.

Here’s the front.  I made a spelling mistake, but went with it. I have a small collection of Distress Ink Pads and used them on the card  to make the background of the oval shape.


Inside there are two flaps that create more space in the book.

On the left the flower picture came from the front of a shopping list. The second page I layered up blue card, the top layer being gelli plate printed with block printing removing the paint. The third page is a triptych of blue and blue/green cards and the fourth we’re shades of green and orange with woven strips of card.

Inside the middle flaps

On the left red and blue card with holes punched out (the holes were used as strawberries and blueberries for a Desserts ATC a few months ago). I use a rotary cutter with pinking blade for the edges. The second page is another Indian block printed piece to which I added sticky ‘gems’.  For the third page I had a stamped piece which I layered onto blue card. On the right is a pink tag to which I added a quarter of a doily and silver card with ribbon threaded through the tag.


On the back of the book is a foiled card with a ship mounted onto blue/red background.  Next is some yellow card with torn transfer paper and another yellow card with flower stamp.  The yellow had a linen effect on it so the stamping looks grainy. Last of all is a green/yellow card with an owl stamped. In fact there are two owls but I didn’t like the flat look so put pads underneath the second image and it looked better. Then back to the first page.

I’m thankful to West Country Embroiderers and to Betty Ruffell who tutored the making of the fabric books which has led me to having a go (no, two goes) at this technique and is useful in showing these little treasures which might otherwise be stuffed in a box.  I’m sure there may be more of these in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts