30 April 2023

An April Furtle.

 April is nearly at and end and it’s a round up time of what I’ve managed to get done this month. 

I’ve not managed to sew much this month, but I did finish my stitch book and wrote a post about it here . I’m pleased that I’ve finished that and have an idea to start a third but with different format and I’ll see how that goes.

And I also finished off a part finished quilt (though there is yet to a home for this). The front 

And the back

I finished the knitted Christmas stocking, which I’m really pleased with 


Below is a close up of the colourwork and slip stitches.  This has turned out to be a really enjoyable knit and there may be another. This is a Patron pattern by the Bakery Bears, so it’s not for sale, unfortunately.

I’ve got a couple of things on the needles.  One is a cardigan for David  and he chose this King Cole pattern with a cable pattern, no. 4273 in grey, knitted in Hayfield Soft Twist. I bought pattern, yarn and buttons all from Wool Warehouse. 
I’ve so far knitted left front, part of the right front and the back.  To keep track of the cable twists I’m using a row counter together with a piece of paper to remind me which rows to cable!  There is cable patterning on the back but (fortunately) he wanted that plain.
I’ve also got a pair of socks on the go too, which came in useful for car knitting on our weekend away last weekend.  This yarn is Funny Feetz by James C Brett, bought at the wool shop in Wimborne.  I’ve used a Patron pattern from the Bakery Bears in their magazine, called the Hobbity socks, so there’s a bit of texture. 

As part of the Year of Dishcloths by the Kitchen Sink Shop, this was the April cloth. Knitted in Drops Paris, far too pretty to be a dishcloth it may be a washcloth, which will be a gift. I quite like these small knitted items. This dishcloth is based on Mini Eggs, although I’ve not chosen a Mini Egg type colour.  There is also a recipe for cookies with crushed Mini Eggs too.


And I made an ATC for the TG zoom group and the theme was Yellow. I painted yellow and added blue to one end red to the other, so those colours ran into the yellow. I then die cut the star and the circle. I had a scrap of Kaffe Fassett fabric under the cut outs. I finished off with yellow glittler

Lastly something new to me is Lego. Having visited the Lego shop In Southampton I bought a daffodil kit.
And a heart shaped wreath
There are some pieces left to change the decoration of this, but I finished the basic instructions. This was the first time I’ve bought Lego for me as it’s always been for the children and grandchildren.  I think there may be more kits in my future.

What’s in store for May? Well I’m continuing with my current knitting projects and the socks will definitely be finished then. The cardigan fronts and back will be done and getting on with the sleeves.  I have a long standing UFO to finish off, which is a calendar quilt which was started for a significant celebration years back, that I can’t think what it was! Time to get out of hibernation and below is one of the blocks.  This was a pattern by Mandy Shaw.

The only block not made was November’s as it is birthday month and I’ll have to think about what design to do for that.  The original have Guy Fawkes on it, which I wasn’t keen on.

So that’s my round up for April and I’m connecting to Mini Archie’s April Furtle Around the Blogosphere.


Archie The Wonder Dog

4 comments:

  1. You've had a great month. I love your knitting and stitching and the lego is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super lot of makes! I adore your knitted christmas stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, what a busy month! All your finishes are wonderful and that cardigan for David is going to be fantastic. Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely makes in April! Well done. I've not seen such lovely Legos kits before. My favorite flower is the daffodil. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts