02 April 2023

A March Furtle

 March has been a busy month, with some finishes *YAY*!

First off is my cardigan, after the disaster in February, which caused me to re-knit the whole thing it was finished last week, with just a smidgen of yarn left. Yes, I won at Yarn Chicken!

This is the Harvest Cardigan, pattern by Tin Can Knits and the second one I’ve knitted and I’m really pleased. Being Aran weight yarn it’s just right for spring, when it’s a bit warm for a coat but not warm enough for a lighter cardi. The yarn is King Cole Fashion Aran.


Another finish, well before her birthday just a couple of days ago is this crochet cat. I don’t know what Cecily will call her, but I called her Henrietta after her real life cat, Henry. The pattern was from the book Cute Crochet Animals by Emma Varnam and grey yarn is from Hobbycraft but other yarns are from stash.

I also managed to make March’s Dishcloth from The Kitchen Sink Shop, called Biscotti.  I feel that it could be a reversible pattern by adding one more stitch to the pattern, so will have a go at that.


I’ve also nearly finished this knitted Christmas stocking. This is how it looks this morning (at 2/4/23) and nearly at the toe.  My last post about it here.


I’ve treated myself to two new books, one is the Crochet Cottage Garden by Chris Norrington.  I’ve loved her flatlay flowers on Instagram and her book was released earlier this month.  Even if I make nothing from this it’s a beautiful book to enjoy for the pictures. The second is the Gansey Knitting Sourcebook and it is that, some really good stitch patterns that could go on any garment, not just on the knitting projects in the book.


There’s not been a great deal of sewing this month, but managing to get a few finishes. At West Country Embroiderers strips of sari silk ribbon was used to decorate a bag, however I found the sample would make a good cover for my stitch book. Having trimmed and added ribbon top and bottom, it fitted nicely.  I will go through the pages of my book next month.


Another bit of sewing is a postcard sized flower quilt. This time a primrose, having bought a few plants earlier this month to brighten up the garden. A printed background this time, instead of a pieced one.


I finished off a UFO and I don’t know why I left it so long to get finished. This is a table runner with EPP hexagons and half hexagons.  The pattern and papers by Lina Patchwork. The runner needed trimming and the backing fabric bringing over to the front and slip-stitched to create the binding.



I’ve also joined together a quilt as you go quilt top, although I’ve not stitched down the bindings on the back, but it is all joined together in one piece. This was a quilt in progress that I bought at a local craft fair,  which had the completed squares and enough purple fabric for the joining strips, which was in a pack that cosy me £3.  I’m pleased I’ve made progress with this.

I’ve just dug out another old UFO from years back which has been moved from place to place. It was to celebrate something significant (can’t think if birthdays or anniversary!) and it’s a calendar quilt by Mandy Shaw.  I finished off one block.  Like the table runner the backing fabric is turned to the front and sewn down. The blocks are then joined together. Will other blocks be finished?  Not sure, don’t want to rush these things !!!


In the TG group there were some Easter baskets made.
And lastly a couple of ATC’s, though I’ve kept one of them on the theme of Clocks.  I’ve got my image of clock faces from Graphic Fairy, which I layered onto card and coloured with some Distress Ink.


So it was a busy old March, with more makings to come for April to keep me busy. My next post will be about the Exeter craft show that I went to yesterday.

Linking up with Mini Archie’s March Furtle around the Blogosphere. 

Archie The Wonder Dog

1 comment:

  1. I love your cardi, well worth all the re knitting, I bet you’ll get loads of wear out of it. And lots of other lovely finishes and wonderful progress this month too! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts