01 July 2023

Furtling in June.

 Half of June was spent on holiday and I haven’t managed to blog about it, so watch out for blog posts coming in July.  I have a finish, some progressions, a start and maybe more.

The finish in June was David’s cardigan so he wore that on holiday and it fits him well.  I may be making another and I’ve kept my notes with the pattern for that reason. Below he’s wearing it while at the Willow Tearoom in Glasgow. The pattern by King Cole and the yarn is Hayfield Soft Twist.


I took some knitting with me on holiday, another cardigan this time for Flo.  (The sensible car knitting would have been a pair of socks, not a cardi that needed fancy stitch patterns and shaping!) I ordered some pink yarn the same time as the grey for David’s cardigan and had a pattern in mind. I’ve got as far as making back, fronts and part way up the first sleeve. The pattern is by Stylecraft and the yarn is King Cole Pricewise DK, which is a lovely yarn to work with.

I’m having some difficulty with the sleeves, which have an eyelet pattern and there have been much cursing, unknitting and re-knitting, but I am getting there. She’s long in the body so I’m using the correct age for the width, but next size up for the length of cardigan and sleeves. 

The gnome is in progress, temporarily stalled while on holiday.  There is the remainder of the body, leg (made one already) and arms to be made. I hope to get this done next week. But unlike the others I’m not feeling the gnome love for this one, I hope I’m proved wrong. It could be that being away there wasn’t the anticipation of a new clue while the make along was going. The pattern is by Imagined Landscapes on Ravelry 

Progress has been made on the cross stitch crocuses.  I’m currently working on the bowl. This is an old pattern, copyright date is 2001, so I doubt it’s available.

The red work panels are even getting a bit more done. I’ve joined the first two rows and but I’ve got thoughts on two of the blocks still to be embroidered. I think I will sew autumn leaves for September’s block and a birthday cake for November as it’s birthday month. One block, December’s, has to be finished. So I’m slowly chipping away at these UFOs (or Fettling those finishes). The pattern for this is by Mandy Shaw, but again an old pattern 



My ATC for June was a simple one that I made before holiday and was on the theme of Travel.  I had inspiration from a travel brochure with a picture of a cruise ship in a Norwegian fjord.  I really liked the reflection in the photo an it was the right scale too.  Having been to Norway a few years ago we’d like to go back sometime, so it seemed appropriate for the theme. I photographed this on a green background.


So I think that’s it for June.  I’m joining in Mini Archie’s June Furtle Around the Blogosphere

Archie The Wonder Dog


1 comment:

  1. What a busy month! David’s cardi looks great (hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*) and Flo’s cardi is going to be gorgeous - I hope the second sleeve is better behaved than the first one. Loads of progress on other things too, I’m looking forward to seeing the gnome and hope you fall in love with it once finished. Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts