07 February 2024

First Week of February

 

I’ve used the first page of my stitch book of running stitches for my Monthly Marker.  I’m still working on this and also started a second page which will contain chain stitches.

This week saw us go to Portsmouth for a few hours.  This is about an hour away from home and there is an outlet shopping area called Gunwharf Quays, which is on the site of the old naval docks and there are remnants of this on the site.  It’s home to the Spinnaker Tower, which is a quite a landmark for miles around. The photo is a figurehead (but no signs to say which ship is was from) with the Spinnaker Tower. To the bottom left is the Isle of Wight ferry and the bit of grey ship behind that is the aircraft carrier Prince of Wales.


We also saw the strange sight of a barge with a wind turbine blade being carried on it.  It’s amazing how big those things are.


Although we had lunch and done a little bit of shopping, we were disappointed and it may be a while before we go back there again.

I’ve been following the progress on an Amaryllis that my sister bought me for Christmas and there are 4 blooms from one stalk so far.



The bud on the second stalk is fattening up and will be blooming soon.  It has become top heavy and has now got a supporting stick.

On Monday I made a card as the ATC swap group has a crafty catch up. It needed 12” card, but I only had patterned with white reverse, so used the other way round.

So the pattern was on the back

 But I enjoyed making it. I’ll be going to the local card shop to make another. 

And lastly my second crochet blanket is growing well as it is now covering my lap as I’m working on it

That’s what’s been keeping me busy this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts