11 February 2024

Second Week of February - About the Hexagons

 I’ve been busy this week with some hand sewing and crochet. Last year I took part in 100 hexies 100 days on Instagram, between August through to October. Together with hexagons from a previous challenge in 2019 I have amassed a lot of them.  I’ve sewn together in ‘flower’ clusters and I’m getting to the stage where they need to be put on a backing fabric. I’ve chosen 6.5” squares in low volume creams and whites and I had already made a start earlier.

Y

So there are 10 squares in this little lot and last week I’ve cut out more low volume squares and pinned more flowers ready to sew.


As you will see from the photos I’d like to join in columns and offset them so I won’t have to match up seams.  The photos look a little busy as I’ve done the arrangement on top of my Kingfisher quilt.

Yesterday I went to a cardmaking workshop at the local cardmaking supplies shop Craft Bliss.  I’ve previously made cards there before and it’s a really friendly place.  This was to make a couple of Wigwam cards. The blue one will be a sample, but the pink will be used for a birthday later in the year.


While there I was paying for the workshop on this die cutter was on the counter, which I had to buy 😉

I tried them out today

I think I must be obsessed with hexagons! 

I’m progressing the second lap blanket , but I became a little muddled with the dark red/purple colours so trying to get back on track and I’ve got as far a row 38 (of 66). 


I received an ATC this week in the swap, on the theme of the Solar System, from Sally


This was mine - I made 2 of which one was sent and I kept the other.  I used fabric and free machined the sun and planets.  I used a white Posca pen for the meteors.


So that’s what been happening this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts