18 February 2024

Third Week of February - More of the Same

 This week was the monthly meeting of Dorset Creative Embroiderers and I could stay for the whole session as it was half term.  It was a catch up session and I completed the sewing on my butterfly from the previous month. The picture below shows that I’ve cut around it and I’ll use fuse some felt on the back to make into a brooch.


Tuesday was a day of rain and perfect for sewing so made some more L blocks. I’m arranging these in groups of four and will make a 36” quilt as it is.


Below is a different arrangement of the blocks, in steps this time, which I may look at doing for a future project.


That day after looking at Instagram I had a go at making a fish, bit of a dodgy one. It was based on pictures showing the hashtag ‘shoalsewalong’ designed by Matthew Ball of Quilts From the Attic, although I’ve no instructions, just worked from photos I’ve seen.  It a bad start.



I’m also continuing with putting hexagon flowers onto 6.5” squares and have now amassed  20.  I still have a collection of hexagons and I also found the remains of a mini charm pack which will become hexagons too.




I think I might need some more low volume fabric, which is just as well as I’ve bought tickets (for himself 
and me) to a quilt show in Newton Abbot next Saturday.

I’m currently enjoying the few daffodils flowering in the garden.



It’s lovely to see signs of spring - can’t beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts