29 February 2024

Furtling in February

 February has been a month of crochet and hexagons and not much else really.  There is a finish. Only the one, some others are nearly theres. 

I finished a lap sized blanket following the Attic24 Sungold Blanket CAL. I had enough yarn to make a second which is a nearly finish.  The pattern (free) is on Lucy’s blog and the Stylecraft yarn is from Wool Warehouse. 

This is blanket no. 1 (the finished one).  I made 67 stripes of the pattern and followed the colour order for the stripes in the blanket and border.  This measures 54.5” long x 34.5” wide, 138 x 88 cm.

I was also working on the same colour sequence but using the spike stitch pattern from the Dahlia blanket pattern. There was a slight deviation in the colour order as I got the purple-pinks mixed up and tried to get back on course.  This stitch is slightly taller than on the Sungold blanket so I worked 60 stripes. By this time some of the yarns are running low so I’m changing the colour order of the border stripes.


Another nearly finish is the pair of socks.  I’m at the toe of the second sock and should be finished in the next day or two. Having been away last weekend the foot was a good bit of car knitting, but I’ve not done anything to that since. The yarn is hand dyed by Kosy Kitchen Fibres.

Edit to this post - just finished the shops this evening - another finish!


A bit more work has been done to the clown and after the second blanket I will get cracking on that. No pics to show as I left some of the clown knitting at my daughter’s house! 

As for sewing, I’ve made more squares for hexie flowers, which I want to join in columns so I have got to match seams. So far I have 20 squares and 5 flowers waiting to be appliquéd onto squares. I keep finding the odd hexagon, so if I find enough there will be more to add to this number. This has been a lovely bit of hand sewing, either with joining the hexies together or putting them onto squares.




So getting there with those.  I’ve also machine sewn some L blocks, also called Simply Scrappy from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine on Readly. This might make a smallish 36” Linus Quilt I think.


So that’s my Furtling for February.  There may be some finishes next month (I hope so!). At least the second blanket and socks. The clown should be done in time for a birthday. ‘March’-ing onwards! 

Archie The Wonder Dog

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful colorful projects!!! Well done for February. Hope all goes well with the clown for the birthday!!! Wishing you wonderful crafting in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a busy month you’ve had and it’s been packed full of finishes and progress! I love those two blankets and how different they look from each other with just a different stitch pattern. And the hexagon and L blocks are lovely too. I think my favourite might be those lovely socks though! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts