17 August 2011

Last weekend

Bit of a boring title as it was quite a busy end to the week last week.  David and I went to Birmingham and whilst I visited the Festival of Quilts on Thursday and Friday.  I met several friends during the two days including those from Barnsley, some people from the BQL e-mail list and from the postcard group and also some bloggers too - including Janet (she runs the Barnsley Embroidery group), Benta and Julie (of Mixed Media) so a lovely social time.

I did get to see quilts and purchase books and fabric (that goes without saying!), so spent a fair bit too.  Here are some quilts that I really did enjoy seeing.
Winner of the Contemporary Quilts (think I got this sideways)

"Feel the Tingle in Your Fingers"by Ruth Parker

I liked these Arab men - so lifelike

This quilt is "Melinda's Zinnias" by Robyn Fahy

And a close up of one of the flowers

Another sideways pic - of Mosaic floor tiles - this was made by Susan Atkinson


This quilt was winner in the Art Quilts and Best in Show
Here are my purchases from the two days:
Machine feet, buttons, ribbons, bits and bobs
 
Fabric!

Books

Rulers, spray baste and t
I'll post more photos later (when I've managed to get all my photos the right way around!








3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. The first quilt was made by Valarie, one of the Irish Quilters that came over with Jackie. Isn't it awesome. It's a Dear Jane for the 21st century. Lovely to have won, but her quilt now goes on a road show, and she gets it back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to meet you there, especially as I feel I know you from blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were some lovely looking quilts there it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts