17 April 2013

Midweek stuff

This morning I am updating the blog before going off for an interview with an agency in Bournemouth.  My current job will finish at the end of July and my contract is not likely to be renewed so I've started job hunting again.  I think I've got a little complacent with keeping my CV up to date so I've had a bit of work to do getting that polished up at the weekend.

My postcards were sent out on Sunday and even though they went second class post one of the ladies in the group e-mailed yesterday that she got hers - amazing.

So here's my large piece of 'doodling' all trimmed up
 and the six cards cut from the large piece
 I didn't take a photo of the cards after edges had been finished off.

I really enjoyed the doodling, I might well be doing some more!

That done I am now working on a bag for this Saturday's challenge.  I am joining some ladies in Wimborne for a belated IQD day - a good sewing day I hope.so I'll tray and  share some photos of that on my next blog.

While loading photos from my camera (as I've been using my mobile for photos recently) I can across some from last month when we went out to The Vyne, a National Trust house near Basingstoke.  It had been a mixed bag of weather that day so our visit started off sunny but by the end there was steady rain.

There were theses unusual cloth dolls dotted around the house with clues to keep children's interest.
A large hanging in the tea room sewn by member of the Embroiders Guild.  As you can see some amazing work in that.

I could not resist taking a photo of these lovely hellebores, even though it was chucking it with rain!

Seeing photos of a day out has cheered me up already this morning!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interview. I hope the agency finds you something wonderful, that pays you a fortune for working about 1 day a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck from me too and I love your doodling, shame it doesn't pay well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts