with the new machine. I've tried the embroidery unit with patterns on the USB stick that comes with it. This was the first one I tried on Sunday
Later came this design. This was one that Pauline (from whom I bought the machine) supplied on another USB stick. By this time I figured out the tacking before doing the embroidery, a much better result.
Today is my day off and last week at work so decided to stay in and have more play
Pauline had suggested using Embird software for embroidery designs and that could be installed on the Mac using a programme called Parallels. David ordered this last week and he picked it up from the sorting office today. So after installing Parallels I'm now trying out a trial version of Embird and see how I get on. I did, however, find on the Secrets of Embroidery website (from where I downloaded the software) a free coaster pattern by Artistic Designs which I added to the USB stick and it was sewn this afternoon.