20 January 2020

Finish A Long 2020

The past few years I've been following the Finish A Long each year and you will have found posts regarding this each quarter of the year.  The format is different this year and the projects and finishes are being posted on Instagram, which I did last week.

Here is my list


It doesn't seem very big but in compiling the list I piled the quilts in the making on the spare bed and it almost looked like that of the Princess and the Pea.

So here goes
1. The Kingfisher quilt - it's layered and tacked and I started on the hand quilting and that's it.  I wanted to hand quilt this one and it may take some time!



2. The Tube quilt - layered, tacked and some machine quilting done, In the square centres and around the squares.  I've got to think how I quilt the white squares now. Oh, and sew in the thread ends!


3. Ups and Downs quilt.  In pieces.  Found it was too long and narrow and took some of the blocks apart.  Not sure if this will get progressed, but we'll see.

4.  Black/grey and orange/yellow quilt.  The top is complete and the backing too.  Just have to get the wadding to progress this further.

5.  Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses Mini Quilt.  This is going slowly now so much crack on with this the main patchwork square and done and sewn together, now for the half square blocks as the quilt is on point.  For a small patchwork its taking a loooonnnggg time to progress.

6.  Scrappy Strippy Quilt.  I followed the Scrap Busting Sew Along on Facebook last Autumn and put a few blocks together made from strips of colour coordinated fabrics.  I now have a quilt top and found a backing just the right size and sewed together 2 pieces of wadding to make one piece of just the right size.  No excuses I must get to quilt that one.  I think it could be lines of wavy stitching, which would suit it well.


So thats all the quilts in progress.

In addition on my list is the cardigan that I'm knitting (more about that here).  That's going well having done a back, left front and now onto the right front.  I started that as my Christmas Eve cast on, so for nearly a month that's not bad going.

As you will know, reading my recent posts I'm also participating in Attic 24's Crochet A Long blnaket which I started on 3 January, also here.  Part 3 of the colour changes was released last Friday, but I just finished part 2 yesterday evening.

My hopes are to get both the blanket and cardigan done and also the strippy quilt done in this quarter. If I'm lucky I might also get the Miniature quilt done too.  See how is goes .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts