12 January 2020

What Do You Watch?

I've recently taken to viewing You Tube a lot.  Quite a few You Tube presenters last month did Vlogmas videos, which were short daily (or almost daily) videos during December on the lead up to Christmas.  It got a bit difficult to see the presenters that I liked everyday, so I had to be picky what I watched!

Anyway today I'm going to share the videos or 'vlogs' (video blogs) that I watch.  Not many of them are quilting ones, but tend to be knitting/crochet ones.  I hope you will share those you watch.

Missouri Star Quilt Company - I love seeing Jenny Doan's demonstrations most Friday's and I like the way she breaks a block design down so that anyone can make it.

Just Get It Done Quilts - Canadian quilter Karen is another tutor who breaks down quilt blocks, but also shares strategies to organise your fabrics and tools.  This month she also talks about planning using a bullet journal.

Sewn Up by Teresa Down Under - This isn't a spoken tutorial but is animated with some cheery music.

The Gourmet Quilter - Susan is a New Zealand Quilter who you may have seen at Festival of Quilts last summer.  She runs a daily block programme, but she also shares quilting tips.

Jenny Smith Sews - short videos with quilters about the quilts that mean a lot to them.

Fat Quarter Quilt Shop - An American shop that has demonstrations by guest quilters.

I also watch some textile YT videos too.  Recent ones I've discovered are:

Arnold's Attic - I've been working my way through watching her short 'Meet the Artist' series, which has been interesting in introducing textile artists.

Kathleen Laurel Sage - Does short videos on her textile and embroidery techniques.

The following are knitting/crochet ones that I follow:

Stranded Dyeworks - aka Amy Florence - a dyer, knitter and crocheter who has recently moved to Scotland.  I like her style of video - nearly always with a weather forecast at the beginning!

Craft House Magic - Ellie from Norwich, who dyes her yarn, also knits, crochets and sews garments. What doesn't she do!

Crafternoon Treats - Kathryn is another dyer and Stylecraft Blog Star.  She dyes yarn, crochets and designs crochet patterns.

The Bakery Bears - Their videos are long, so I cut down the viewing into sections to watch this.  A husband and wife team, they knit and crochet and Kay designs knitting patterns.  They add in other subjects like the Pudding Club or exploring the local area.  They also have a radio podcast too which is handy to listen too while I'm sewing.

Little Drops of Wonderful - Ali is very chatty with her knitting and crochet projects and videos usually once a month, although some months does some 'vlogs' on a daily basis.

Not Enough Yarn - An ironic title as Lesley has plenty of yarn but never enough to complete a whole project! She compiles short videos over the month to present at the end of the month.

Cherry Heart - Sandra is a crochet designer (you may have seen her designs in UK crochet magazines) and I've watched her videos for some time. She is also a Stylecraft blog start

And some other YT videos I like to watch that don't come into any of the above categories

All the Stations - Geoff and Vicki explore stations on the UK rail system and Vicki has recently started exploring towns and cities.

The Last Homely House East of the Sea - Kate paper crafts, sews, knits, keeps chickens, bees and cats.  One of the cats, Norma, never wants to be left out of a video!

So there you have it - that's just a selection of the You Tube videos that I watch.  In case you're wondering, I do have time to do things and I'm usually knitting, crocheting or doing some hand sewing so I'm not doing nothing!!

What are yours - anything you like to watch??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts