05 January 2020

Finish A Long - Fourth Quarter Finish

Just the one!  Other items on my Finish A Long list as still in progress.  Some have been progressed a bit further but not finished so will add on to my list for 2020. (Oh the shame of it!)

The one finish is my cream eyelet cardigan.  This was a pattern by Sue Stratford of Knitting and Gin and I bought the pattern when I visited Unravel wool festival in February last year.  It is a top down all-in-one cardigan called Line Dried.  I made a jumper using the top down method the year before and it always feels a little different to work in the reverse way a normal commercial pattern making the back, fronts and sleeves separately and sewn together, but it does work well.  The bonus is that you can alter the length of the sleeves (which were a perfect length for me) or body (which I wanted another pattern repeat longer) by adding onto the bottom of the work with not a lot of effort.    The downside is that because you're carrying the whole garment as you knit it it does become heavy and bulky when out and about so it's not really car knitting.  That's why I like knitting socks as they are a small handy project to carry around.

I started the cardigan in March this year
I wanted a neutral cream colour and got this yarn by Carol called Wool Rich Heritage DK (55% wool content) from my local wool shop.  Its very soft and knitted up nicely.  Even taking out the stitching at the bottom to add extra length didn't curl the yarn up very much and I might use this yarn again.

This was when I got to the bottom of the body.

And this is another view

And finished!


So this is my one finish.  I will link this up to the Finish A Long 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts