14 June 2020

All About the Crochet

This week I’ve been making little bits and pieces that have been cluttering up my room.  I took out a subscription that finished ages ago for Crochet Now magazine and like a lot of craft magazines, they have free gifts. Most have been unused or passed on or disposed of but I kept a few.

One I started in my last post was Brian the Brown Bear.  The instructions for the kit were in the magazine so having sorted and got rid of the magazine I started crocheting this and just kept going. It is in Amigurumi style, crocheted in a spiral and he was soon finished.

Then there was another kit, but this time the instructions were a leaflet with the kit.  I remember when I first received this that it was vacuum packed to save bulk in the post, so the pack was all crinkled.  This is for Henry the Hedgehog and the kit had enough to make something else small from the leaflet such as an acorn or mushroom.

The pic above shows the ‘bunting’ of spikes for Henry’s back

Then all sewn up.

On a roll, I decided to tackle a small project from a couple of years ago from Little Box of Crochet.  This was an Entrelac Tunisian crochet (sounds very technical!) project to make a small pouch.  I enjoyed doing something a bit different, but although I’ve had a go it’s not something I will be in a hurry to try again.  So let’s say it’s better done than perfect.  Anyway the zip didn’t go in well, so I took it out and re-sewn and it looks better than it did.  I’ve blocked it and I will put a lining it.


I’ve got two more Little Box of Crochet kits to finish off and will get those done this coming week,

While I’m in a crochet mood I pick up a project that I started and carried on with it. I’ve shown this briefly last time, this is the Autumn Garden (Höstfägring) shawl by In the Yarn Garden blog. This was a Crochet A Long from last year.  I’m using Stylecraft Batik and Batik Swirl for this and I’m currently on part 4 of 6 parts and it’s going to be fairly big.  With the Swirl yarn cake I’m having to go with the flow of the colours instead of neatly changing colours as I go.  The mustard yellow is used at the beginning and might see if I can use that at the end part or on the edging.

But it’s not all crochet, there has been a bit of sewing too.  I’ve made another two blocks of the Youngish Quilters block of the week - one from last week and one from this week.
On the left is a machine appliqué block and right another appliqué block called orange peel.  Using the Cocktail Time fabrics by Lewis and Irene.  There is another appliqué block for the 12th block but it might end up being Sue’s choice.  I was thinking of foundation piecing, so I may have a look and see what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts