22 June 2020

June Musings

Heading towards the end of June and getting out and about more. Last Monday saw me visiting a friend who I haven’t seen in ages.   Last Wednesday was my granddaughter‘s 2nd birthday and a trip to the local country park, which was really lovely family time.

Yesterday I visited my Mum, then my sister and brother-in-law for the first time in months.  I was in the garden for both visits and caught the sun but it was good to see them all.

I’ve continued with getting some crochet projects done and finished this lovely little Cockapoo.

And here he is with the other animals that are taking up room on my shelf

This was from a Little Box Of Crochet kit from Christmas before last and is a design by Toft, who design animal crochet. I completed the dog’s body but not the loopy bits around the head, nuzzle and tail.  I ran out of the light coloured yarn and only had the darker one left.  So after much deliberation I decided to go with that darker colour than order more of the light coloured yarn and finished off all his frilly bits.

Next will be another Little Box of Crochet Kit called Gareth the Sleeping Fox. I’ve made the body ages ago, but have had problems with crocheting the other body parts in waistcoat stitch, which hasn’t been easy going in the round.  I managed it for the body so should be able to manage the rest, but I think I ran out of patience, which must have accounted for its hibernation.  

I’m still keeping up with lockdown book reading.  I’m reading at least half hour each day by using the timer on my phone.  If a book has been really good it’s some time been more.

I’ve just finished A Game for All the Family by Sophie Hannah.  Although it seems a highly improbable story as the story written by the character’s daughter is sort of a story about her friend’s parent’s family.  All a bit odd, but readable and got me reading a bit more so I finished this book after 6 days.
The book I’ll start reading tomorrow is The Midnight Line by Lee Child.  This was another book I got from TG.  Someone in the reading group recommended the Jack Reacher books, so I’ll give that a go.
Without the discipline of getting myself to read half hour a day, I wouldn’t be reading at all, so it’s a good habit to have.

Eight more Frontline Facemasks have been made and contributed

On Friday I made a postcard for the latest UKQU postcard swap.  I used a circular ruler to draw the lines and sewn on those lines and cut back to reveal the orange underneath. Adding a mix of hand and machine embroidery, a few beads and sequins, a bit of lace too, to finish of the card.
I get a regular newsletter from The Bramble Patch in my email and every Friday there is a fabric featuring in a box that they offer with free postage and I couldn’t resist this, which arrived in the post this morning.
Some lovely fat eighths of a fabric line called Reef By Beth Studley along with a few of Moda Grunge Fabrics, such lovely fabrics in a lovely arrangement it seems too good to come out of the box.  Might just keep it there for a few days to look at.  No project in mind but just loved the fabric.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts