08 June 2020

Keeping Busy

This week has been about tidying and sorting out as we got the living room back into some sort of order after decorating last weekend.  We were also due to have visitors for the first time in months, with my youngest son coming over with his family and my daughter with hers (on different days).  Keeping socially distant in the garden it was lovely to see them all in real life instead of a computer screen!

I have been letting go of magazines - a lot of old patchwork and crochet/knitting ones and keeping some of the patterns and articles I like to keep.  That is leading to another job I should do and and indexing the patterns in the folders instead of having to root through the folders to find what I want - but that’s another day!

Aside from more masks- I’ve made 10 this week. I have to tell you about the pillowcase I received. This was a brand new one that I was given from the coordinator of Frontline Facemasks Group for linings.  I didn’t escape the there to be quite so much fabric.  The pillowcase had an Oxford edging around it and by the time I unpicked the stitches of the edging I had a piece of fabric that measured a metre wide by 60cm high, it was a massive pillowcase. Double that width for the back plus there was a large flap I had a lot of fabric to use.

I decided on Saturday afternoon I had enough of masks and made something for me. Another pouch, but this time using one (of 3) lace edged zips. Although this looks pink, it’s actually light grey.  The fabric used is a Karen Lewis screen print by RJR Fabrics.  I like the selvedge so that’s being kept,

I used a pattern that I’ve had for several years from a Craftsy free class and made several of these.  To take advantage of the nice zip I joined the outer and lining pieces of the front first before adding the zip, instead of joining them with the zip in between.

 Of course I have to add a little pocket, I’ve put a cotton reel to open up the pouch.
Earlier this week I made another block for the Youngish Quilter Block of the week.This week was Drunkards Path.
 This is how the block collection looks now.

I have a finish!  The fingerless glove for David. I’ve used left over Head Over Heels Yarn, but I knew I didn’t have quite enough, so used a small ball of dark green hand dyed yarn for the rib and finger bases.

In my sorting out a found a project I started at the end of last year. I will go into more detail next time.  This will be a large shawl made with Stylecraft Batik yarn.


And another bit of crochet to keep me busy is this one. Only started yesterday afternoon. I tore the instructions from the Crochet Now magazine. I’ve only had this little kit for over 2 years!  I’ve got the muzzle, ears and arms to do so it should take long to finish off.  No idea what I’m going to do once he’s done.  A bit of frippery.  There is another little magazine kit of a hedgehog with instructions so might have a go at that one this week.


Yesterday David and I went to Poole Park, an everyday occurrence when I used to work in Poole. Since lockdown though this is the first time we’ve been back.  We had a look at the memorial garden which has a lovely display of roses and perennial plants and looked really lovely.





So I’m keeping busy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts