And a close up, where I've stitched some "bubbles" and added small circles (I traced around a couple of cotton reels onto Bondaweb for those). I also added a sequin arc for a bit of bling.
Here's what the rainbow was like before I added the backing and trimmed down.
Lastly for this piece, I bonded the backing fabric onto the wadding so it covered up all that lovely stitching. For those who like to see what the back was like before the addition of fabric, here it is
I really enjoyed the freedom of making this piece and the workshop was good too.
The second finish is the first of my Baltimore Album blocks. The book I've used, Baltimore Basics, by Mimi Dietrich, has very comprehensive instructions and, stitching when I can, was this
My first Baltimore Album block. It's not perfect, but it doesn't look too bad either.
Fired on by this I started on a second block tracing the outline of the pattern onto background fabric and the appliqué pieces onto freezer paper.
All cut out and glued with a Sewfine glue pen onto the back of the freezer paper and ready to sew on. You will notice that I haven't yet cut out the red berries just yet. I think that may be another evening to cut out, gather and press all 16 of them! Ironing the oak leaves have proved quite challenging this afternoon.
Nice to say that I've finished something!