02 April 2019

Finish A Long Quarter One


finishalong logo 200px

I'm linking this post to the 2019 Finish-A-Long, showing the progress with my quilting so far.  There are a few projects that are being carried forward to the next quarter, however I'm not disappointed with my achievements so far.

1. My Kingfisher Quilt.  This is a slow project which will be mostly made by hand so I'm not worried if this takes all year.  Progress so far has been a top with a border and on the border I'm adding more hexies, this time in groups of four on point.


At my local quilt shop there was a sale fabric in a mid grey with pastel coloured leaves which adds to the soft look of the Kingfisher.  As you can see with the above pic I've placed some hexies on the border.  I originally used offcuts of the background low volume fabrics but realised this might not be enough so I've been looking around in my stash for more of fabrics that blend in.  I think I may run out of hexie papers so I will have to appliqué these hexies on the borders soon.

2.  The long quilt has been part quilted and I've bound the quilt so that I've no bits of fabric and wadding getting caught in the sewing.  I know I've got to do more quilting on this as I've only done basic in the ditch quilting and I know this is not enough.  There is an 'orange peel' pattern in one or the large blocks so I might use that the to quilt the large blocks and a small version for the other square. But it doesn't look too bad at the moment - not sure where I will hang this, though.


The Catch All Caddy was finished at long last which I wrote about in this post.  I just got on which it in January and pleased that it was done.  It frustrated me and I'm not in a hurry to make another.


Another finish - in February was the Dazzling Diamonds quilt.  This was started at a Jan Hassard workshop at Pauline's Patchwork in Dorchester in April 2016, link here.  I found a mauve spray time type print and had enough for a backing.  I used variegated threads and a serpentine wiggly stitch to machine quilt this so its done and hanging up!

It really does look fab, I'm really pleased with this,

There are still 3 quilts in progress (that haven't been touched!) that were on my list that will be carried forward to the next quarter and I will put those on my Finish-A-Long list for next time when that link up opens.  All in all I'm quite pleased with how things are going.

2 comments:

  1. I spotted the Dazzling Diamonds in the Finish-a-long link up - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is gorgeous! Congratulations on your finish on behalf of the 2019 FAL team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts