26 May 2014

Bank Holiday Sewing

Weather has been a bit ho-hum today, so we decided to stay at home for the Bank Holiday Monday.  I haven't made any postcards for a while now and have signed up to a swap with the BQL Postcard group's one in June entitled "Sewing Bee".  I've used some of Makowers Sew Retro fabric with some of my hand dyed stamped with a mannequin.  I added some lace together with both halves of a press stud and a button sewn with utility stitching. So far I only need to make 3, but made a couple more in case needed.

The fronts
The backs.

I originally used some pink patterned bias binding to edge the postcards, then run out, so used some blue, which ran out too, so ended up edging with zigzag stitching. I couldn't resist using some selvedge on the back.

Looking forward to the Festival of Quilts the Tombola to raise funds for the Quilt Museum in York is themed "Love Hearts" with Heart themed items.  For this I've started making some pincushions with some heart fabrics that I had in my stash and whipped these two biscornu pincushions just this afternoon.


I've got the binding of a scrappy Trip Around the World lap quilt to hem, but will show that when I'm done.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts