20 May 2014

New Fabric and a Finish

This last weekend I dug out a couple of fabric panels that I bought from a trader at Sandown quilt exhibition a few years back.  This is called Dolly Dress Up, by Holly Holderman.

These panels came with the briefest of instructions, which have since gone, but looking at her blog here from December 2009, there was a blog hop with several contributors with ideas of using the individual blocks.  They are dressed up with lace, buttons, ribbons or have added skirts and aprons. The panel above I've kept complete at present, but the other I've cut into 9.5" squares and preserved some of the pink and white diamond strips, which I might use later.

Today I went out with my friend Penny to find some fabrics that would go well with the dress up blocks as I had didn't have much in my stash

That's what a bought in new-to-me shop in Bournmouth called Sarah's Shabby Chic.

And from Mandy's shop, Cherry Tree Fabrics, in Boscombe. After lunch with Penny (nice to be a lady who lunches) and a drive along the coast road back to Poole and after dropping Penny off I went to Fabric Land to get some lace and pink bias binding for a postcard swap in June. 

I did manage some sewing this afternoon and made this cushion cover with an Oxford edge.


Front

Back.

This goes with the quilt in the guest room.  The quilt, Martha Washington Star had been made years ago and the cushion quilt top has been lurking in the UFO pile for a long time so am pleased to have finished quilting yesterday and joining the cushion back this afternoon.


A good feeling to have a finish.

2 comments:

  1. Lunch AND three fabric shops in one day - sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric shops and lunch out, all in the company of a friend, makes for a great day I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts