12 December 2021

Christmas Countdown 3 πŸŽ…

 This has been a week of dinners out. First was one with Canford Heath Townswomen’s Guild at a local pub, which after missing Christmas last year was at its usual really good standard. Apart from mask wearing to and from the tables seemed almost normal.

This week David and I were celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary so a trip to Prezzo in Wimborne, which was really lovely and an adventure going on bus rides (it involves 2 buses) to get there and back.  

Having birthdays and anniversary close to the end of the year always has to compete with Christmas and trying not to have that take over events, but it is difficult.

I received a belated birthday present from my youngest son and daughter-in-law of a small stone owl.  I have a larger one out in the garden, but this will stay indoors, joining the others on the fireplace. Here is is just to the right of the light.

Today’s Christmas event is a quilty one, for a change.  Most Christmases, a local quilt group, Quarterjack Quilters, hold a lunch with a guest speaker, which was Judi Mendelssohn.  She was once editor of British Patchwork and Quilting magazine and I think now organises tours.

This was just one of her quilts in blues with brown/mustard contrast.
This was the speaker, explaining her work to some of the ladies after her talk. She bought several large bags with her.


A competition of small Christmas quilts.

And I won one of the prizes in the raffle. In fact most people won a prize in the raffle.  Mine was a Christmas oven gloves and hand towel, with a knitted tea cosy, pack of serviettes and tin of shortbread. Sorry about the shadow, I couldn’t avoid it.


But I have been making this week, unusually for me some cardmaking. I have two packs of 6 cards and envelopes. I had some tags cut from last year’s cards.  I’d also done some stamping in red and green inks of a bauble and the ‘Merry and Bright’, The background papers were some pads of papers after making cards for TG last year. I’m really pleased how these turned out.


I’ve got some more card and envelope packs, so I hope to get a few more done this week. 

The coming week, I hope, will be a bit quieter, with no events after tomorrow to get the cards sent and last of present shopping done.  That’s the theory, anyway! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts