22 December 2021

Countdown to Christmas 4 ☃️

 I started this post on Saturday…..

Let’s have a snowman emoji, although it’s not snowing here.  Today I’ve been getting in the Christmas 🤶 mood with playing Christmas songs on Spotify while cooking.  I’ve made quiches, a cheesecake and rock buns to take to a family get together tomorrow at my youngest son’s.  Taking a lateral flow test before we go tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed that it’ll be ok.  I don’t do baking that often and earlier the kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it, but it all turned out ok and everything was put in its place so all good.  Then David asks, “what’s for dinner” but I haven’t thought about that yet.  I’m sure we’ll find something.  

I’ve got to finish off a pair of fingerless mitts for one of the presents, which will get done tonight while watching Strictly Cone Dancing - it’s the final tonight.  As there’s only two contestants left, I’m not sure how they will stretch the programme.


Now it’s Wednesday….

We now know what won Strictly Come Dancing and it was a well deserved win.  As for the prep for Sunday, well.

Sunday morning came and we had a phone call from youngest son that his boy had come down with tummy bug.  It had gone through the rest of the family but Freddie was the last one, so the family get together wasn’t happening. BUT, I invited my daughter, husband and granddaughter over for dinner instead, as Flo, my granddaughter, was staying here overnight and looking after her the next day, so that was ok.  Then older son, Alex said he would come here (it’s a 2 hour journey for him) to stay a while a exchange presents but then he turned up with the rest of his family, so it was a good job I had plenty of food in.  It was a bit of a squeeze with 9 of us in our small living room, but it was a good afternoon.  We will catch up with youngest son on Friday and all is well with his family, thankfully.  What a day that was!

After seeing my mum and sister yesterday for a lovely meal cooked by my Mum, I can feel I can get on with Christmas prep here at home.  The big bird is resting in the fridge, I’ve got red cabbage and apple cooking in the slow cooker and as it’s a sunny day I’m getting washing done too.  

Not much crafting I can show here today, but I can show the lovely display of Christmas trees at St Aldelm’s church in Branksome where we took Flo.




This is just a few of the pictures that we took of the trees, decorated by church groups, organisations and families.  It’s an annual (apart from last year) event and the atmosphere of the church makes it just a lovely place to go.

I received my ATC this week from Thelma on the theme of Victoriana, which is a lovely picture from an embroidery transfer sheet.


Below are mine (I usually make 2) and sent the one on the right hand side.


I also received some Christmas cards from the ATC group, which I’ll show on my next post, which I hope to do on Christmas Eve - blimey, that’s just 2 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts