31 December 2021

Post Christmas and Furtling towards New Year.

Like my new header?  It was a bit bigger than I wanted it to be but it does convey much of what I do - a bit of this and bit of that, so that’s something new for 2022.  I am updating the finishes page too so you can see a roundup of finishes in 2021, so I don’t bog down this blog with what I’ve done through the year.

What was Christmas like for you?  Mine was a bit of a washout as I had a bad cold have been suffering over the holidays.  As I write this (on 30 December) it’s still hanging on with a cough and sore throat.  I have taken lateral flow tests, which have come out negative as I read that cold symptoms were one of the signs of Omicron. So we’ve not seen anyone over the holidays so Christmas has been a quiet one.

This month I finished my Advent project, which was a Gnome Knit A Long, hosted by Sarah Scherer of Imagined Landscapes.  The KAL produced not one but two gnomes - Gnombleberry and Gnewt, who is carried around in a rucksack. The heart button on Gnombleberry’s is from a wedding anniversary card sent by my Mum.  The clue for the pocket was around the date of our anniversary so seemed appropriate to use it. I used some lovely Christmas fabric as background.



Other finishes have included a pig in a Granny Square blanket, which has a new home at my friend’s house. She has a small crafted menagerie now!

I made fingerless mittens for my daughter in some WYS yarn. The picture is a bit dark, but the only one I took.  She is out and about in her job so she will need those in the cold weather to come.

I’ve even made some Christmas cards, some were for the online craft group and some for friends. I received some really lovely Christmas cards in return. There really are some talented people in the group.




I have made a quilt!  Ok, it is just 5.25” square, but it is a quilt.  I looked at a Facebook video (it was live on 16 December, but only watched the other day) of Julia’s mini quilts.  Julia Gahagan is known for making little scenic quilts. (You can search on Facebook - Julia’s mini quilts, or on Etsy by her name). So armed with scissors and glue stick I had a play.  I had some netting to cover the pieces and the thin wadding was replaced with felt.  I needed to have a bit of creative time get me out of myself, I was tired out but happy with my attempt. It’ll be my marker for January.


So hoping that things can only get better for 2022 (but I think that was the wish for 2021) I wish you all a 

HAPPY NEW YEAR πŸ₯³ 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you have been unwell over Christmas .. this cold is awful isn't it? Hope you soon feel better x I LOVE you gnomes .. and your other makes BUT especially the gnomes x Best wishes for 2022 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, Happy New Year to You, I'm pleased to see you back blogging again. I love the gnomes, they were a lot of fun and getting the clues to the mystery just added to that. There may be more.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts