01 December 2021

Furtling in November


 It’s been my birthday recently so I treated myself to a couple of quilting books, both by the same author, Carolyn Forster.  The Quilt As You Go book only went on sale on the 21st so I waited to get both books together.  The other book is Big Stitch Quilting.

I’ve finished the Yuletide blanket, which has finished on Saturday.  I finished at row 72 before adding the border rows. The final row, rather than working just double crochet stitches I worked some picots every 3rd stitch and in the corners.  It finished at a really big 57” square and really love that it’s so colourful.


Having finished the blanket, I have been asked to make another.  Rather than struggling to get it done for Christmas I might save starting on that until after the holidays.  As mentioned in previous blog posts this blanket is designed by Lucy of Attic24  (but you knew that, of course).

But meanwhile I am working on my latest socks.  I’m now on the heel stitches.  I used part of the Easy Lace pattern by Winwick Mum.

A couple of blocks have been made for the Siblings Together been and Nicky was this month’s block mama.  She’d requested a couple of half square triangle blocks arranged in a pinwheel style.

They look very much like Victorian floor tiles.  I should think that all the blocks would make a really brilliant quilt.

I’ve also made a couple of ATC’s, one which I keep and one sent to swap and the theme was Victoriana.  I e kept the clock one.  I had a small sheet of Victorian images, which I glued onto card.  The background striped card was used as a background and some the clock one had border strips stuck one and the ladies one had gold outline stickers on.  The featured items had self adhesive pads on the back to raise 

So, for December?  Well catching up on Christmas shopping and food shopping, but hope to get some crafting time in, including joining in the Gnome Knit a Long, which is my Advent Project this year (image by Imagined Landscapes) which I won’t be able to share until 24 December.
Joining Mini Archie’s monthly Furtle Around the Blogosphere 




So that was my furtling for November.



1 comment:

  1. That blanket is gorgeous! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms* I’m looking forward to seeing your gnome in the December Furtle, it’s such a lovely Advent project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts