04 December 2021

Countdown to Christmas 2 🎄

 I went to the first Christmas dinner this week to the local pub with the weekly Knit and Natter group.  It wasn’t a proper Christmas menu, but the atmosphere was good (and it saved me cooking later).  There are 2 more to go this month.

On Friday the Christmas tree was put up.  David and I have collected decorations from various places over the years and of course there are some made ones too.  There was barely space on the tree for baubles!


Decorating the mirror above the fireplace. Behind me on the door is the Christmas Mandala that I crocheted while on a cruise in December 2018 (it’s also on my header at the top of the blog).
The middle section of the tree - the alien in his spaceship from a holiday in the US, the reindeer from Banff, Canada, a pair of reindeer from Stratford Upon Avon, the pheasant (bought just last week) from our latest break.  The green bell I made when I used to go to Barnsley embroiderers - gosh that was a long time ago.
The wreath I crocheted as an Advent project in 2019.  Most of the patterns came from the Crocheted Wreaths and Garlands, by Kate Eastwood.
And another decoration that comes out each year is the Christmas pudding.  A polystyrene sphered covered in Somerset folded patchwork.  Underneath is a small table runner with Christmas trees appliquéd. So that’s just a selection of the decorations that we have. 

Another job we’ve done is to have our booster COVID jabs and pleased to have got that out of the way.

It is no surprise to people that know me that I like mince pies.  I’ve found out that Sainsbury’s do mince pie favour tea - I enjoyed the hot cross bun tea before Easter (so much so, that I will stock up before next Easter!) so I hope this will be good.  Also as an alternative to the pies McVities make Mince pie digestive biscuits, that’ll be interesting to try.   I hope to report back in another post how good they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts