03 May 2020

May 2020 - Daily post 3

Books

They are a challenge to me as I'm not a great reader.  What I decided last week was to read at least 30 minutes each day so I set my iPad timer and get reading and help set a habit.  I've just finished this book


I really enjoy the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency books.  It's light reading, shortish chapters (so you're not looking to see how many pages until the chapter finishes).  In this one the heroine, Precious Ramotswe meets her private detective hero from America Clovis Andersen who helps with one of her cases.

They are now a series of 20 books and I have quite a few but there are some gaps which Amazon might have to fill, but the last two that I bought were found in a charity shop in Lyndhurst last year.  Each book is a stand alone story rather than having to follow the series in order, but the main characters are the same, so you recognise immediately who they are.

I've got another book to start on which is a TG (Townswomen's Guild) book group one.  The book group borrow a set of books from the local library so we all have the same book to read.  The last meeting was at the end of February called Golden Hill, by Francis Spufford, which was a Costa Book Award Winner in 2016.  The library, of course, has been closed since March so there's been no hurry to read it.  I thought it might be good to make a start on it.

Or then again, I might checkout that Amazon order and get my nose in another No.1 book....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts