08 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 7

My apologies if you were expecting a daily post yesterday. So there will be 2 posts today.

I have been making masks yesterday and will show those later in the next post.  I’ve been making bags this week from sheeting and made made 4 so far for the local ‘For the love of scrubs’ group which will go to hospitals and care facilities who have requested them.  The masks are being made for carers of young people with child friendly fabrics.

Yesterday I ran out of elastic and it seems there’s great demand for the narrow ‘knicker’ elastic as a lot of people around the country make masks, but a friend of mine had some elastic cord, which involved a walk across Canford Heath. I hoped that I could say Hi from a distance as she left a bag outside her house but that didn’t work out.

It’s only about 25 minutes each way but it was a lovely day so it caused quite a few people to be out and about and walking and cycling so it was a game of dodging people to try and your distance from them and stepping back when seeing a cyclist approaching. Though it is another matter when cyclists come from behind and I’m constantly nervous as I can’t hear them and have to keep turning round.  It doesn’t make for a pleasant walk at times.

I am grateful I can get out and walk though as those that are vulnerable cannot.  I am lucky that I live in a house and can go out in the garden. It must be a frustrating time for people who can’t leave a room, let alone go to any outside space.  For that I am grateful, must make the best of what I have.

Wow, after offloading that - here’s a new cast on - looking forward to colder days (what??). Last winter David wore fingerless gloves a lot.  So another pair are on the needles using yarns that I already have. I have a variegated Stylecraft Head Over Heels yarn in blues and greens and a small amount of a hand dyed green yarn for the cuffs. So I made a start last night

Might as well get ahead of the game.

See you later 👋.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts