12 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 11

I’m guessing that under lockdown we all get a day now and then of “fedupedness” (even the spell checker didn’t like that word, there’s a red line underneath what I’ve typed.

Since doing the virtual retreat last month I’ve been not been sewing for myself and I guess I need to take time out for that. Having had a supply of fabric, bias and pipe cleaners (for nose support) I made 14 face mask outers, of which 5 have now got linings and bias tape on them.  There might be elastic later, which is in short supply at the moment so it’s as far as it can get.

I broke the handle of my travel iron again after David’s repair to it last week, so that didn’t hold.  Back to using the normal household one, so a new iron is on the shopping list when I go out today for the weekly shop.  I guess that added to my fed up state.

The local council tip which is the industrial estate near where we live opened for the first time in several weeks. It’s opening made the local television news as the queue was so long before it even opened!  It seems people have got so much rubbish after being at home for weeks, probably sorting and clearing out during the lockdown.

Anyway it’s Tuesday today and another day. I’m sure it will be better.  Must remember to do a post this evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts