08 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 8 - VE 75th Anniversary Day

Instead of having Bank Holiday Monday this week, the holiday was moved to today in commemoration of VE Day 75 years ago.  It should have been a day of celebration but with social distancing it’s much quieter.  Some roads around have had parties in their front gardens, but around here,

So for us a pootling day but it was nice to catch up with my friend and then my Mum on the phone this morning.  This afternoon I did a bit of cooking making biscuits, rock cakes, pizza base for tomorrow’s dinner and pudding for this evening’s. Flour is lasting well but I sometimes replace some white flour with wholemeal to make that go further, which is ok for rock cakes and scones.

My knitting has progressed from my post earlier, that’s due to catching up with a few You Tube videos.  Nearly at the end of the thumb shaping on the glove.



No sewing today, but will be back at the machine face tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts