01 May 2020

May 2020



 During this month I hope to do daily blog postings. I think there is a lot of challenges that come with trying to deal with the lockdown and the changes that will come about following this.

The May marker this month is the Neat Ripple blanket (or a portion of it) which I started on 1 April and is using bits and pieces from previous blankets that I've made.  The pic below is the unedited version, so please excuse my knees and feet!



I found that on Instagram one lady who I follow said that the French celebrate today, 1st May, as La Fete des Muguets (or Muguettes on some sites), or Lily of the Valley.  There are loads of this growing in the garden, almost weed-like and I get rid of some of the plants after flowering has finished, but even more come up the following year.  


They made a fabulous show this year and I picked a few along with a few sprigs of rosemary to put into a vase and enjoy for a few days.  

So maybe theres a lot to be thankful for with these little flowers.  Now that daffodils and soon tulips (note the lone tulip amongst the lily of the valley!) are passing we look forward to good things ahead for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts