06 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 6

As promised yesterday I wanted to do a post about my Sew 4 the Soul project.  I started this a few months ago just before lockdown and my first post about this is  here .  It was started by Anne Brooke of Hannemade and because of lockdown seems to have quite a following,  Go to the 2020 Project page and she has a link to her You Tube channel.

My piece is 38” long and starts at 4” wide and narrows down to 2.75”.  This is because I used a trimming of wadding on which to put the fabric on,  I’ve used scrap fabrics too small to save and a few small improv triangle blocks. There are also a few small pieces of selvedges.

The techniques I’ve used have been French knots and pistil stitch (which is a French knot with long stem), Colonial knot, blanket stitch, bullion stitch.  There’s been the addition of Suffolk Puffs, hexagons, lace, button, beads.  I’m using anything that I have to hand, and as I have quite a stash of stuff it’s good to put them to use.


The above photos I’ve shown on previous posts but below are the latest fabrics on the piece, there’s still a pin or two in this section.  There’s a Suffolk Puff (YoYo), a bit of blue and white lace and a bit of appliqué with one of the leaves from the tendrils which wasn’t used in the recent pouch.

 So that’s where I’m at with my project.

Today I have a finish.  Tada!!

My latest socks, started on our trip to Kent at the beginning of March. They hibernated for a while but then I finished the first sock and started the second on 23 April which I finished last night and Kitchener stitched this morning.

I hope to start on fingerless gloves next - wool is sorted ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts