05 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 5

This thought came into my head ‘Cinco de Mayo’, which I thought was the Mexican Day of the Dead, which it isn’t and there’s an explanation on Wikipedia here . But I thought I would take a photo of this sugar skull hexie, which became one of my 100 hexies 100 days collection last year.

Today has been a shopping morning having ordered and collected meat from the local butchers - something we wouldn’t have thought about doing pre-virus. I would have liked to have bought bakery bread too, but their card machine wasn’t working and I’d rather not use a cash machine without any gloves.  So a partial success.

This afternoon I’m back on the scrub bags with 6 more under construction.  I did managed to break the handle of the travel iron, as the handle should collapse for travel.  David is fixing it so I’m using the big household iron, which is quite heavy and looks enormous on my Ikea table top ironing board.

I’ve discovered the start/stop button on my machine which I’ve not used much before.  It’s been useful with the long seams on the sides of the scrub bags. Just set the speed and press the button and it whizzes away.   Brilliant.

I am wanting to do some creative sewing now and hope I can get some time to do some embroidery.  Tomorrow I might share about the Sew 4 the Soul project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts