16 May 2020

May 2020 - Day 16

After my post yesterday evening I had this surprise on Facebook yesterday and took a screenshot

If you are in Region 4 of the Quilters’ Guild this will be the cover of the forthcoming newsletter. It is a postcard that I made in March for the UKQU postcard swap on the theme of Dragonflies and Butterflies, which has since flown off to its new owner last month.

Angela, the newsletter editor, asked on the Region 4 Facebook page for some cheery quilt photos for the June edition and this was one of 3 I posted on the site.  Some other people posted theirs and there were some lovely photos, but I was chuffed to find my postcard photo was picked!

I’m keeping up with the book reading habit. I’ve finished Golden Hill which I started on the 3rd and started a new book, which has been on the bookshelf for sometime but hadn’t got around to reading. This is The Underground Railroad by Colton Whitehead, which was a Pulitzer Prize Winner for Fiction in 2017 and is a story about the Slave Trade in the US.  I’ll see how that goes as I’ve read a few chapters this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts